Wednesday, February 17, 2010

***This is not class related***, but I am still a little peeved about this

I was on the way home after work the other night, and I witnessed a motorcycle-car collision around 8:35 p.m. I was the first on the scene and was the one to call 911. The guy who was hit on the bike got his shoe knocked off on the side he got hit on. This was a VERY low speed crash. I stayed there until the police, fireman, and EMS arrived. Now for the point of this story. One of the cops came up to me (mind you I'm in scrubs as I work at an Urgent Care) and asked to get my contact information in case they needed to call. He asked for my drivers license also. No problem. The next thing I know he runs my DL number and has me wait until it comes back clear before he let me go. I didn't think too terribly much about it while I was there, but later it really started to bug me. Everyone I have told the story to agrees with me, even before I state my viewpoint on the situation. Long story short, what a way to deter people from stopping and rendering aid to someone who needs it. Let's just say I had an unpaid ticket from years ago or ran a red light at one of the places where they photo you running it. I would have went to jail for STOPPING TO HELP SOMEONE. Everyone, you need to realize that your freedoms are disappearing day by day, and there's not too muchyou can do about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. That does have a bad taste doesn't it? Discouraging Good Samaritanism.

    ReplyDelete